Cross-Cultural Experience Program Scholarship
The objective of the Cross-Cultural Experience Program Scholarship emphasizes a learning and working experience for an undergraduate student to learn more about agricultural sciences and agricultural education through international agricultural programs. It also provides an opportunity for students to live and learn with students of another culture and language. The scholarship is made possible by a gift from the Lewis B. Nelson Fund from the Agronomic Science Foundation and administered by the American Society of Agronomy.
Nominations Opened: Jan 25, 2016 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 29, 2016 - 4:00 PM CDT
2 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 6, 2016 - 4:00 PM CDT
Four $3,000 scholarships will be awarded in 2016.
- Students who have participated in previous programs are not eligible.
- Preference will be given to a study aboard experience that is conducted for four or more weeks.
- The program is open to an undergraduate student member (ASA, CSSA, or SSSA) majoring in agronomy, crops, soils, or closely related sciences, with preference given to a student that is a member of an SASES affiliated club.
- The student will be a current undergraduate with a freshman, sophomore, or junior standing.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Letter of Interest
Provide a letter of interest that includes identifying the activity the recipient will pursue, including location, brief description, activity dates, and the cost of travel expenses between the applicant's home base and the scholarship experience site.
Provide a resume that includes major, year in school, and cumulative grade point average.
Current School and Department Name
SASES Club Membership Information
List the name of your SASES Club and years of membership, if applicable