Environmental Quality Research Award
The Environmental Quality Research Award is intended to recognize contributions that have enhanced the basic understanding of environmental sciences in relation to agriculture, or demonstrated sound and effective management practices for maintaining or improving the quality of soil, water, and air resources. The award consists of a certificate, a complimentary ticket to the award ceremony, and $2,000.
Areas of research may include:
- The behavior and fate of pollutants in terrestrial and/or aquatic ecosystems
- Stability of an ecosystem in response to disturbances resulting from the use of land for food and energy production and society’s needs to dispose of and/or utilize waste products
The award will be made for creativity and originality of research and significance of the research and its contribution to the field of environmental quality.
Nominations Opened: Feb 1, 2017 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 29, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
3 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 5, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
- Nominators are required to be ASA members.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominator for this award.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Nominees are not required to be ASA members.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- Teams are eligible if the following qualifications are met: 1. At least one member of the team is an agronomist. 2. Where other disciplines are represented, the agronomist will be a major contributor (50% or more) to the team effort. 3. Only publications where all team members are authors or honors and awards received by the team will be listed. Individual efforts should be omitted.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Current Position Title
Professional Positions Held
(Character Limit, including spaces: 2000)
List membership in professional, honorary, and academic societies. (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
Honors and Awards
List honors and awards received (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
Professional Contributions Listing
Identify and briefly list the nominee's technical or nontechnical publications, patents, and efforts to develop or improve programs, practices, and products. List up to 12 of the most significant professional contributions of the nominee. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
Contributions and service to the profession
Describe the nominee's professional contributions (other than publications) and service to the profession on which the nomination is based. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
In this section, summarize the primary achievements and evaluate the nominee's comprehensive skills, competencies, and qualifications for this award. Give the nominee’s impact in one or more of the evaluation criteria in the award description. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)