Carl Sprengel Agronomic Research Award
The Carl Sprengel Agronomic Research Award will be made for major research accomplishments resulting from basic or applied research in agronomy. The award consists of a certificate and $3000 honorarium provided through the Agronomic Science Foundation by the Lena and Maria van der Ploeg Fund and administered by the American Society of Agronomy.
- The award will be made for discoveries, techniques, inventions, or materials that increase crop yields, improve crop quality, food products, land and water development, environmental quality, or conservation.
- The focus will be on research accomplishments that have been adopted.
Nominations Opened: Jan 25, 2016 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 22, 2016 - 4:00 PM CDT
3 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Mar 29, 2016 - 4:00 PM CDT
- Nominators are required to be ASA members.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominator for this award.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Nominees are not required to be members of ASA.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Current Position Title
Professional Positions Held
(Character Limit, including spaces: 2000)
List membership in professional, honorary, and academic societies. (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
Honors and Awards
List honors and awards received (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
Professional Contributions Listing
Identify and briefly list the nominee's technical or nontechnical publications, patents, and efforts to develop or improve programs, practices, and products. List up to 12 of the most significant professional contributions of the nominee. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
Contributions and Service to the Profession
Describe the nominee's professional contributions (other than publications) and service to the profession on which the nomination is based and specific to the Carl Sprengel Agronomic Research Award. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
In this section, summarize the primary achievements and evaluate the nominee's comprehensive skills, competencies, and qualifications for this award. Give the nominees impact in one or more of the evaluation criteria in the award description. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)