Kingenta Agricultural Science Award
The Kingenta Agricultural Science Award recognizes those who have made significant contributions to Chinese agriculture with an emphasis on soil in research, teaching, extension, and policy making, which result in securing better and sustainable food supply, implementing environmentally friendly management practices, and improving farmers’ working conditions and profitability. The award consists of a certificate and $1000 honorarium provided through the Agronomic Science Foundation by Kingenta Inc. and administered by the American Society of Agronomy.
- Creativity and innovation as reflected through the scientist's overall contribution.
- Evidence of credibility, integrity, and professionalism.
- Influence or impact of the nominee for a more efficient, environmental friendly and sustainable Agriculture in China.
- Evidence of the nominee's contributions that result in improved management practices or furthered understanding of agricultural sciences in China.
- Educational contributions made either directly or indirectly through mentoring next generation of Chinese agricultural scientists.
- In recognition of extraordinary efforts to promote the adoption of agricultural technology in China, nonrefereed types of publications will be recognized.
Nominations Opened: Feb 5, 2015 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 31, 2015 - 11:59 PM CDT
3 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 7, 2015 - 11:59 PM CDT
- Nominators are required to be members of ASA.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominator for this award.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Nominees are not required to be members of ASA.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- Teams are eligible if the following qualifications are met: 1. At least one member of the team is an agronomist. 2. Where other disciplines are represented, the agronomist will be a major contributor (50% or more) to the team effort. 3. Only publications where all team members are authors or honors and awards received by the team will be listed. Individual efforts should be omitted.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Current Position Title
Professional Positions Held
(Character Limit, including spaces: 2000)
List membership in professional, honorary, and academic societies. (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
Honors and Awards
List honors and awards received (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
Professional Contributions Listing
Identify and briefly list the nominee's technical or nontechnical publications, patents, and efforts to develop or improve programs, practices, and products. List up to 12 of the most significant professional contributions of the nominee. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
Contributions and Service to the Profession
Describe the nominee's professional contributions (other than publications) to Chinese agriculture and service to the profession, specific to the Kingenta Agricultural Science Award. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
In this section, summarize the primary achievements and evaluate the nominee's comprehensive skills, competencies, and qualifications for this award. Give the nominees impact in one or more of the evaluation criteria in the award description. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)