J. Fielding Reed Scholarship
The J. Fielding Reed Scholarship was established in recognition of Dr. Reed’s life-long commitment to advancing the knowledge of agriculture through his work in soil science and natural resources, and his passion for educating students. Funds for the scholarship are made available through the Agronomic Science Foundation and administered by the American Society of Agronomy. The purpose of this scholarship is to honor an outstanding undergraduate senior pursuing a career in soil or plant sciences.
Nominations Opened: Jan 25, 2016 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 30, 2016 - 4:00 PM CDT
2 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 5, 2016 - 4:00 PM CDT
Two scholarships is in the amount of $2000 will be awarded in 2016.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee and the ASA Board of Directors are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- The nominee will be an undergraduate student member (ASA, CSSA, or SSSA), pursuing a career in the plant or soil sciences, and graduating sometime this calendar year.
- The nominee will have earned a 3.0, or above, cumulative grade point average at the time that the application is submitted.
- Nominees will have participated in community and campus leadership activities, specifically in agriculture.
- This award allows self-nominations.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Letter of Interest
Provide a letter of interest that states your strengths and accomplishments, including a history of community and campus leadership activities, particularly in agriculture.
Provide a resume that includes major, year in school, and cumulative grade point average.