Werner L. Nelson Award for Diagnosis of Yield-Limiting Factors
The focus of this award is on leadership and accomplishments in one or more of the following areas: (a) Development and/or implementation of diagnostic workshops or seminars; (b) development and/or implementation of diagnostic check lists; (c) development and/or implementation of new or improved diagnostic techniques; (d) development and/or implementation of new or improved visual aids supporting the diagnosis of limiting factors; and (e) the nominee’s long-term personal use of diagnostic techniques in systematically identifying yield-limiting factors which have resulted in the application of site-specific measures. The award is provided through the Agronomic Science Foundation by the Werner L. Nelson Fund and administered through the American Society of Agronomy. The award consists of a certificate, a complimentary ticket to the award ceremony, and $5,000.
The principal criteria to be used in the selection process are the creativity and innovation of the nominee's involvement in the development, acceptance, and/or implementation of diagnostic services in higher, more profitable crop production.
Nominations Opened: Feb 1, 2017 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 29, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
3 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 5, 2017 - 4:00 PM CDT
- Nominators are required to be ASA members.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominator for this award.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Nominees are not required to be ASA members.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- Teams are eligible if the following qualifications are met: 1. At least one member of the team is an agronomist. 2. Where other disciplines are represented, the agronomist will be a major contributor (50% or more) to the team effort. 3. Only publications where all team members are authors or honors and awards received by the team will be listed. Individual efforts should be omitted.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Nominator's Current Position Title
Professional Positions Held
(Character Limit, including spaces: 2000)
List membership in professional, honorary, and academic societies. (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
Honors and Awards
List honors and awards received (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
Professional Contributions Listing
Identify and briefly list the nominee's technical or nontechnical publications, patents, and efforts to develop or improve programs, practices, and products. List up to 12 of the most significant professional contributions of the nominee. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
Contributions and Service to the Profession
Describe the nominee's professional contributions (other than publications) and service to the profession on which the nomination is based. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
In this section, summarize the primary achievements and evaluate the nominee's comprehensive skills, competencies, and qualifications for this award. Give the nominee’s impact in one or more of the evaluation criteria in the award description. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)