Agronomic Service Award
This award recognizes development of agronomic service programs, practices, and products for acceptance by the public. The focus will be on agronomic service with associated educational, public relations, and administrative contributions of industrial agronomists, governmental, industrial, or university administrators and others. The award consists of a certificate and $2000 honorarium.
- Effectiveness of public relations activities designed to promote the understanding and use of agronomic science and technology by the public, the government, and other organized groups.
- Advances in the science, practice, and status of the profession resulting from administrative skill and effort.
Nominations Opened: Feb 5, 2015 - 8:00 AM CST
Nominations initiated by: Mar 31, 2015 - 11:59 PM CDT
3 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Apr 7, 2015 - 11:59 PM CDT
- Nominators are required to be members of ASA.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominator for this award.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Nominees are not required to be members of ASA.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- Teams are eligible if the following qualifications are met: 1. At least one member of the team is an agronomist. 2. Where other disciplines are represented, the agronomist will be a major contributor (50% or more) to the team effort. 3. Only publications where all team members are authors or honors and awards received by the team will be listed. Individual efforts should be omitted.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Current Position Title and Employer
Professional Positions Held
(Character Limit, including spaces: 2000)
Honors and Awards
List honors and awards received (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
Professional Contributions Listing
Identify and briefly list the nominee's technical or nontechnical publications, patents, and efforts to develop or improve programs, practices, and products. List up to 12 of the most significant professional contributions of the nominee. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
Contributions and Service to the Profession
Describe the nominee's professional contributions (other than publications) and service to the profession on which the nomination is based and specific to the Agronomic Service Award. (Character Limit, including spaces: 4500)
List membership in professional, honorary, and academic societies. (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
In this section, summarize the primary achievements and evaluate the nominee's comprehensive skills, competencies, and qualifications for this award. Give the nominee's impact in one or more of the evaluation criteria in the award description. (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)