National Student Recogition Program
Recognizing Outstanding Seniors in Agronomy, Crop, Soil, & Environmental Sciences
The National Student Recognition Program recognizes outstanding seniors at a four-year institution and second year students at a two-year institution that has an active chapter affiliated with the Students of Agronomy, Soils, and Environmental Sciences (SASES) and is a current member of the American Society of Agronomy (ASA), Crop Science Society of America (CSSA), and/or Soil Science Society of America (SSSA). The program is supported by the ASA, CSSA, and SSSA and recipients receive a plaque and recognition in the April issue of CSA News.
- Students must be 2017 seniors at a four-year institution or a second year student at a two-year institution
- Students must belong to an active chapter of SASES
- Students must be members of ASA, CSSA, and/or SSSA as of February 15, 2017
Selection Process and Criteria
Students should be selected by a committee of at least three faculty members appointed by the head or chair of the department. It’s advisable if the chapter advisor or advisors were members of the committee.
The principal criteria are:
- Leadership Activities—35%
- Personal Traits—15%
Deadline and Submission
The deadline to submit names and photos of the recipients is February 15, 2017.
Submit the following information online.
- Student name as it should appear on the plaque
- SASES chapter and school names
- Mailing address*
- Student email
- A professional head-and-shoulders color photo at high-resolution, at least 300 dpi. TIFF (1st choice) or JPG (acceptable). GIF not acceptable. Attach photo to email. Photos sent in the body of an email cannot be accepted.
- Faculty advisor and email
*Plaques will be sent to this address unless otherwise noted