Community and Section Leaders
This page provides information on successfully leading your section or community. Additional information will be posted as it is developed!
The ASA Leadership Handbook (pdf) has been revised for 2017 with updated content, guidelines, and the Annual Meeting program planning information. For Community Leaders, Section Chairs, committee members and board members, the handbook is your resource for connecting your Community with your members.
Interested in starting a new community? View the details and the Community Creation Form here (in Word format for downloading and completion).
Need extra funding for an ASA Annual Meeting activity?
Complete the ASA Competitive PEF Proposal Form to apply for additional funds.
Giving Life to ASA Communities
Giving Life to ASA Communities - One Pager (pdf) from Newell Kitchen
Governance and Leadership
- ASA Strategic Plan Summary (2017)
- ASA Grand Challenges (2010)
- Financials (members only)
- Officers: American Society of Agronomy
- Board of Directors & Society Officers & Executive Committee
- Agronomic Production Systems Section - Officers
- Biometry and Statistical Computing Section - Officers
- Climatology and Modeling Section - Officers
- Education and Extension Section - Officers
- Environmental Quality Section - Officers
- Global Agronomy Section - Officers
- Land Management and Conservation Section - Officers
- ASA Board of Directors/Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- ASA Board Website (current board members only; log-in required)
- ASA Past President Listing
- History of ASA, 1907-2007
- Statement of Ethics
- Trends in the Industry
Committees - American Society of Agronomy
Create a half-size poster (44.5" x 44.5") to hang on Sunday in the Exhibit Hall (see Cassie for a hall pass) to highlight your Section or Community. Suggestions on what to include:
ASA logo - on Annual Meetings website
Business meeting time, day, location, and agenda
Schedule of sessions for the week
Pictures and contact information for officers, including your board representative
Sign-up sheet for symposia, topical sessions, or tour proposals for 2017