Extension Education Community
Are your Extension Materials "Outstanding"? Then submit them for recognition
2016 ASA Educational Materials Awards Program
The entry form for the 2016 ASA Educational Materials Awards Program will be posted in spring 2016 and email reminders will be sent to the Extension Education Community listserv. The purpose of this program is to provide Society members a chance to share their creative and useful educational materials and programs with colleagues and to receive recognition for their superior achievement. A Certificate of Excellence will be awarded for each entry that demonstrates overall superior quality. Certificates will be presented at the Extension Education Business meeting at the ASA Annual Meetings. All entries receiving awards will be displayed at the ASA Annual Meetings:
- View the Category Descriptions and Rules (pdf)
- Submit the requested materials to the proper Award Committee member. 2016 Entry Form.
View the list of materials recognized for excellence: 2010 Excellent Extension Materials (pdf) | 2011 Excellent Extension Materials (pdf) | 2012 Excellent Extension Materials (pdf) | 2013 Excellent Extension Materials (pdf) | 2014 Excellent Extension Materials (pdf) | 2015 Excellent Extension Materials (pdf)
The Outstanding Poster Award Recipients from the 2015 ASA, CSSA, and SSSA International Annual Meetings are (in no particular order)
- Evaluating corn Performance Based on Injury Following a Major Hail Event
- Evaluation of Poultry Litter Storage Option for Protecting Kansas Water Quality
- Ten-Year Comparisons of Irrigation Use from the Ogallaia Aquifer in the Texas South Plains
- Sorghumyield App, a New Tool for Predicting Sorghum Yields: Validation and Calibration
- Comparison of Organic and Conventional Soybean Production in Arkansas
The Extension Education Community is an ASA Community within the Education and Extension Section
The Extension Education Community focuses upon advancing high standards of agronomic education to help agronomists better serve the public
The Extension Education Community will provide an opportunity for Extension Agronomists to meet, exchange and share information, plan, and coordinate programs and services. Members previously participated in the ASA Division A04 Extension Education, which sponsored symposium, oral and poster sessions, a poster competition, and the Educational Awards Program. The community anticipates continuing these and other activities.